Friday, September 4, 2009

XX


Give you a little background on my personal fast; I challenged my discipleship partner the week of August 14th (for those of you who care my 42nd) he did not know how to field the challenge, except to go home and do some internet research on the subject of fasting. Since then he has read Starving Jesus and has blown up in a big way with his walk with Christ.

He comes back to me in two days and say, "let's do it". Our last meal was dinner on August 15th. Now for me I wanted it to be a more spiritual thing so I did not weigh myself at the beginning. Since our last meal we have only had 100% fruit juice and water. Both my d-partner and I have had to ween ourselves off of caffeine as well. So as of writing this post I am down to 16 fl.oz a day of Diet Coke.

Physical Changes: Have I lost weight....sure I have I guesstimate around 30lbs. or so and am probably going to end up with losing about 50lbs. altogether. I am sleeping better at night. I have more energy. I still practice Martial Arts every Monday and Thursday. I have not missed any work. I have realized I don't have much stamina now. So I do need to mix in some rest time. Just sit down and take a breather now and then. During these first twenty as I have lost the weight it seems my wallet has gotten fatter (no doubt cause I am not going out to lunch with the staff on a daily basis) more on this latter.

Spiritual Changes: I can't even begin to tell you all of the changes that have taken place spiritually in my life since I have started doing this. Since August 15th I have also been reading the Bible/journaling twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night (also from Starving Jesus). I have broken up the passage into smaller chunks 1-2 verses. The passages are jumping off the page. It seems every passage has something for me now, it is amazing. My prayers are more focused. I am praying throughout the day now, I am relaying on God to meet my needs, instead of Subway. Since I am not eating I have all this extra money laying around, I decided to financially support the Strip Church. This is new work started by Fireproof ministries to reach the Las Vegas strip.

I will post again on day 25, 30, 35, 40, to let you in on how it is going and how my discipleship partner and I break the fast.

Keeping stroung!

No comments: