Saturday, September 19, 2009

Five Left! The Countdown Begins.

Can I start off by saying...WOW, God is truly amazing and can do some really terrific things in our lives if we just let Him. I can't believe that I have gone 35 days without any food at all, just juice and water. I am stunned about how great I feel and what I can actually do in this state. I find myself to be a bit sad with only 5 days left. My Discipleship partner and I have decided that we will most likely break the fast with some form of Mexican food.

I will tell you this from what we have learned doing these 40 days...I will be fasting on a regular basis and will be instituting it once a week from now on. I have found to be more focused on God things. And as a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ....I believe I must set the example and do all I can to be focused on things above and not below.

1 comment:

~Melinda said...

That is amazing, Rick! You've inspired me. Be careful when you break the fast, though, Mexican might not be the best way to go right off the bat. From all I've read, you need to start out VERY slow introducing food back into your diet - clear soups, crackers, etc. You could get really bad ummm...gastrointestinal distress...if you jump head first back into eating "normally".