Monday, March 1, 2010

...A Day Late

Sorry for not touching base yesterday. Had a busy day and was not able to get by the cpu. We had Walk Through the Bible at our church building yesterday. What an amazing ministry, if you have the chance to have them at your church or go to an event they are hosting....by all means do it.

On to the business at hand. I am doing really well. I can't believe how the Lord has made this trip without solid food extremely easy. I have journaled to have Him take away the food cravings, and the empty feeling... and so far the Lord has proven faithful. During this fast, my Discipleship partner and I have decided to read the Purpose Driven Life. A chapter a day- for forty days. Along with reading the book we are also enjoying the scriptures and jotting down thoughts in a Fasting journal. I have looked forward to this since my last 40 day trip. If you have not trusted God in a long time...I would encourage you to try fasting. It is long standing tradition within the community of the church.

Along with bringing fasting tidbits from history, I have also been able to bring before the Lord the human tragedy that is happening in the Indian state of Orissa. Preachers of the word are being pulled out of there churches and beating publicly. Several are being martyred everyday. One of the things have decided to do during my 40 days is to pray for these fellow Christians that they might receive more power from the Spirit to preach the word more boldly and to have their words cut the hearts of the ones who are doing the prosecution. If you can't join me in the fast, please for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ, join in pray for the saints in Orissa.

See you in 5

No comments: