Thursday, December 11, 2008

HIFIOY # 4

Next on the list is why it seems that the Church always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to finances. I have been in smaller churches, church plants, larger churches the story is the same; the Lord's work is third at best when it comes to me and my money. The Lord will get his when I, and the gov, and my car, my house, my kids first get there's. We are never going to be the church the Lord wants us to be unless He gets first run in our lives. This means in every area of our lives, not just Sunday's but a 24/365 approach. This is how the first century church did it, they made the church their lives, this is what we are missing out of in the 21st century.

Time and time again I have seen churches just eek by, and accomplish nothing in the process. I believe it is a heart thing, that people when they take the plunge, not all aspects of there lives take the plunge as well. This is why some of our churches are struggling with trying to keep the boat afloat. I have had experience of actually getting to the point of having to close down a church because things got that bad. But if we were all 100% sold out, I believe it would have been a different story.

We want programs, we want facilities, we want staff, but are we willing to take the time and energy, and money it will take to put these things in place. I do believe that some churches out their..."play church", oops I said it. We see the budgeting process and find out that the leaders themselves are not sold out as they should be. Scripture aside, our thinking should be that what has been given to us....it is not ours, it is His. Money, family, stuff...it is all His. When we learn this then the Lord will get the first place He deserves in our lives.

Tell me what you think?

R

No comments: