Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Have I Figured it Out Yet?

I have had the privilege to be involved in full-time church work for almost twenty years. In those years I have been a youth minister, associate minister, music/youth minister and now I find myself mulling over the Senior ministry or the main preacher/teacher of a congregation. I have come up with a list of five things that I would like feed back on. I would like to discuss these items one at a time, but for starters here is my list of issues that really just wear me out in the ministry.

1. Trying to do the same thing all the time expecting different results.
2. Let the youth minister fix my kid.
3. The disconnect with church life and my "real" life.
4. Church work always getting the short end of the stick financially.
5. Letting or allowing the paid staff to take the lead on everything....should we or should'nt we.

Let's talk, R


3 comments:

David H. Willis said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I gotta run, but I'll be back...

Anonymous said...

Hey Rick,

I don't personally know you, but being a fellow RBC grad, I know of you.

Looking forward to you hashing these things out one at a time... and I think #1 (which is said to be the definition of insanity) serves as an umbrella for the rest.

Welcome to blogging!

Soren said...

Rick Robie! I read about you on Willis' blog. What a blast from the past. I hope all is well with you bro.